Monday, September 20, 2010

Carousel

Spring is here and there is warmth in the sun again. It makes you want to get out and about and be in nature. Instead though I opened up my craft room and let the sun shine in and the winter stuffiness go out and got creative.

All last week I have been looking for templates to make some things with my DSP. I love the colours in the new Elegant Soiree set. I am so glad Baja Breeze is included in the core colours now. It is one of my favourites.

Anyway back to the template hunting. I found a great website based in the UK called Card Carousel and bought a couple of their templates. I tried the carousel first and put a Stampin Up flair to it. Instead of using their template for the horses I decided to use the Two Step Bird Punch. By the way the new catalogue now has stick on pearls and they look great as the eyes.

I was originally going to use the horse from the Wanted stamp set but wanted to stick with items in the current catalogue. Also instead of attaching the birds to the pillar in the centre I used items from a set of embellishments that I have just realised are not in the new catalogue.

Anyways here are the pictures. It is a bit fiddly but the instructions that you get are easy to understand (well actually I really wouldn't know cause I don't read instructions but the template itself was enough to go off.) :)


I also did more creating but that is to come. I want to devote a blog post to each item.

1 comment:

Ruth's Place said...

This is seriously adorable! Love the birds!!!