Saturday, August 28, 2010

NC Day

This coming Wednesday is NC day - NEW CATALOGUE day. I have a feeling that with all the lovely new things in there that the Stampin' Up computer system may get overloaded with all the new orders. I feel for the staff in the warehouse packing them all up ready to post. They will be working overtime I think.

Below are a couple of notelets I was working on for a party I have coming up. I have used a couple of stamps that will still be available as well as the small square envelopes. What you see first is the envelope and then the notelet.

The stamp set is winter post and I have used soft suede ink to give a golden look to it. The snowflakes on the card itself I used the gold ink from the soon to be retired Catalogue. Not too the finish is gorgeous but it takes almost a good 48 hours to dry so if anyone has a trick they use to dry this quicker I would love to hear it.
The large oval is actually the smallest oval on the Big Shot oval die and the (just to confuse you a little) the smaller oval is the wide oval punch. :) You can't really tell but the reindeer is embossed in gold. My scanner does not do justice to colours.
I really had fun doing the one above. All the little speckled dots are using the Colour Spritzer tool. You put the brush end of one of the Stampin Up Markers into it and then squeeze and you get speckles of ink. The stamp set is Fun and Fast Notes. The tree is stuck on using dimensionals and the words I stuck to a scrap of chipboard to raise it up. I have also used the dazzling diamonds glitter on the tree and star but you can't really see it in this picture. The punches are the scallop circle and the scallop square and the post note stamp is from the Winter Post stamp set.

Hmmm well I think I might just go and play some more.

Have a great week.

No comments: