Friday, August 13, 2010

Mish Mash

Another week gone by and yes, though I was back at work I did get some crafting done. First however is one of the little albums we made at the Stamparoos weekend I went to. I just love the simplicity in how this is made and how nice it looks once put together. Will certainly be doing this as a class somewhere along the way.


In a couple of weeks we have our Regional Stampin Up meet. I intend on going (haven't registered yet) and have already made my swap for the day. I wasn't intending on going all out in pink. In fact I actually started off in blue. Anyway I am quite happy with how it has turned out in the end.

To Make:
  • Pink Pirouette, Melon Mambo and Whisper White card stock
  • Pink Pirouette and Melon Mambo ink
  • Butterly and Word Window Punch
  • Medallion, Butterfly Prints and Razzle Dazzle stamp sets

I finished the swap last night and had small scraps of paper everywhere so I decided to try my hand at my first Stampin' Up product only ATC. I am very happy with the result considering when I first started I thought it was horrid. The colours are too bright for me. I like bright colours but not normally these ones.

To Make:

  • Pacific Point, Melon Mambo, Pink Pirouette, whisper white card stock and any DSP (Designer Series Paper) that matches.
  • Melon Mambo, Eggplant and White ink
  • Rustic Rooster Stamp set
  • White embossing powder and versamark
  • Small Jewell brad
  • Buttons
  • Scallop circle and eyelet border punches
  • bleach
  • ATC size thick cardboard.
  1. Brush the bleach on using any stroke you like. I just did squiggle lines on the pacific point card stock and attempted to do the same on my melon mambo but somehow ended up as runny blobs. The more bleach you use the paler the card stock will become. Too much and it will eat away so probably best to experiment first if you have not used bleach before.
  2. Once the bleach was dry I stamped the script stamp from the rustic rooster stamp set in eggplant on both coulours of my card stock
  3. Punch the Melon Mambo with the eyelet border punch
  4. Attach the card stock to the ATC. Initially my melon mambo sat straight but it looked boring so I folded it on an angle.
  5. Use your versamark ink pad and wipe around the edges of the ATC. Add the white embossing powder and heat. Mine has numerous layers that I kept adding while the powder was still hot (saves on the versamark that way). I also sprinkled little bits and hoped for the best that they stayed put when the heat tool was blowing on them. The bottom white border is actually torn whisper white covered in the embossing. I used this to cover up the marks from the edges of the card stock underneath.
  6. Punch out the scallop circle: 3 in DSP and 3 in card stock. Scrunch each one in your had to give texture and flexibility to the card/DSP.
  7. Sponge the edges with Melon Mambo and lightly sponge over the texture as well.
  8. Pierce the centre of each circle and push onto your jewel brad. I alternated with DSP first then card stock.
  9. Pierce a hole in the ATC where you want the flower to sit and push the brad through.
  10. Fluff up the Scallop circles so they resemble something like the petals of a carnation.
  11. Add a couple of buttons to the bottom right had corner and you are finished. :)

1 comment:

BealcA's Pad said...

Those are great, Kerin. I am glad that you posted the site on face book. Love yah