Sunday, May 2, 2010

Friends

Believe it or not I have actually managed to find the time over the past few weeks to have some creative fun. It helps that I have now sorted out my studio.

In the main catalogue for 2009-2010 one of the "In Colours" is Baja Breeze. It is my favourite of the In Colours. On this card I have used:
  • Paper - Baja Breeze card stock; Baja Breeze textured paper (sorry it was only available in a previous mini); White card stock
  • Ink - Baja Breeze; Stazon Watermark
  • Stamps - Vintage Vogue; Sanded background
  • Baja Breeze Ribbon
  • Clear Embossing power

One of the tools I used is the Stamp-a-ma-jig. This is a great tool when you need to layer a stamp in the one spot with different inks. The F in this card was stamped first with Baja Breeze ink and using the Stamp-a-ma-jig to mark its position. I then stamped the F in Stazon Watermark and thanks to the Stamp-a-ma-jig, was able to stamp perfectly over the top of the Baja Breeze. I was then able to sprinkle on the clear embossing powder. The effect is just to make the F stand out more in an almost glossy 3 dimensional way without changing the colour.



The card below was not planned out at all. I just went with the flow and I am quite happy with how it turned out. In this card I used:
  • Card Stock: Kraft; Naturals Ivory, Rich Razzelberry
  • Ink: Close to Cocoa; Rich Razelberry
  • Pens: Old Olive; Pumpkin Pie
  • Stamps: Friendly Words (roller); Friends 24-7

The Rich Razzelberry is fast becoming a favourite of mine but is only available in the current Autumn Mini Catalogue.

1 comment:

Ruth's Place said...

They look wonderful. I really like the second card!